Sunday, August 9, 2009

ER Visit

We did end up having to make a trip to the ER. We spent most of the day contemplating going to the hospital or not. We didnt want to go unnecessarily but at the same time didnt want to discount his nausea either. It became very obvious that Danny was not going to be able to keep down any fluids and he was beginning to show signs of dehydration.

After waiting almost 2 hours in the waiting room, once the evaluation nurse saw Danny she moved him pretty quickly to a room in the ER. They drew blood then sent him for some chest and abdominal x-rays and then immediately began fluids through his port o cath.

The labs revealed his sodium is low. A normal level should be around 140 and he is just below 120. They have decided it is in his best interest to admit him. I am home now getting the Daniel & Summers things packed for school tomorrow. They will be staying with my sister tonight.

Danny is pretty miserable and is looking forward to feeling better soon. Please pray with us that all will go well and he will be able to come home tomorrow and the rest of the week will be a little easier. This is just a little bump in the road to healing...

Also, please pray for Daniel & Summer along with my sister and brother in law as their kid population has just doubled,.. they have 4 children to get ready for school and out the door by 7:00 in the morning! I am so thankful for Christy & Sonny!

Thanks - Regina

5 comments:

  1. Dear Ones, His name is wonderful, His name is wonderful, His name is wonerful, Jesus my Lord! Call on Him and rest in Him. We continue to lift all of you to Him as you go through these difficult times. We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning, Thanks for your continued posts. I was visiting with Mama and went to the ER to see if you all were there. It was a mad house. I was thankful you were not in the waiting area. In my study of Romans 8:28 I have learned that God in His infinite power and wisdom is directing even the bad things in our lives toward a good purpose. I know God is working for you in this situation. Isn't that great to know that Almighty God is working for you and wants you to suceed and is working for your good.
    I pray Danny comes home, is strengthened and has a much better week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry to hear he is having a rough time of it still. We are praying for you guys and the kids, as well as Christy and Sonny. If the kids need a change of scenery, let me know, I'm sure my children would be happy to enterain them. ;o)
    Love ya,
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just wanted to let you know you are being prayed for by our family and church family.Hang in there and our Heavenly Father will carry you through this storm.YOU WILL BE STRONGER WHEN THE STORM IS OVER!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. Praying for a blessing and may God bring you through it all. Love Jamie Mabe Fitzsimmons

    ReplyDelete