Monday, August 17, 2009

Big Fun!!

Today was one of the more interesting days of this ordeal so far. I felt pretty good this morning and was eager to get out of the house. Regina was working here at home and I finally convinced her to take a break long enough to run to the mall. I figured since I was not going to have to pay for a haircut over the next few weeks that should justify a couple of new hats. So any way we got to the mall and by the time I got to the doors from the car the heat was getting to me a little. We sat for about 5 minutes at some benches by the entrance where we came in. We then headed to Lids and bought two hats that I am rather proud of, one Boston Red Sox and one Carolina Tar heel. I have been going to buy a Boston hat for a couple of years and just never bit the bullet and well you can never have too many Carolina hats. So by the time we were done shopping I had to let Regina check out while I went back out to another nearby bench. I felt like and old sick person.

We talked about lunch but nothing we discussed sounded even remotely interesting to me so we headed home. I knew I was probably going to be sick but somehow I coaxed my way to the house before vomiting. I did make a point to let Regina know that maybe she shouldn’t be so critical of Daniel’s driving. In other words her driving made me just as sick as his did! I felt fevered later on and took my temperature which was 99 deg. I go to the doctor tomorrow so I guess I will see if this is something to be concerned about or not.

We did have some fun today. My hair started falling out yesterday so Regina bought some clippers and after school the kids went to town on my head. I look pretty good balled if I do say so myself……………Well anyway my daughter likes it. She likes to touch it and I don’t mind saying I like for her to touch it!! Mom came over and joined in the fun. My niece was here and got in on it. It was a big time!!
I am sorry to say that I really don’t feel like writing anymore tonight. I am going to try and upload some pictures so that you can have an idea of the big party we had. I really appreciate knowing that you guys actually care enough to keep up with what is going on with me. I have heard a couple of stories about friends being somewhere and hearing someone else talk about the blog and make the connection that it was me they were talking about……………..Fame. Who knew? Just kidding. It is pretty cool though!

Don’t forget regardless of how we feel. God is God and God is good!!

By the way, since my haircut my hats no longer fit……………….looks like another excuse to get out of the house on another day!

4 comments:

  1. Danny I am always looking for a way to get to the mall so if you can't get there I sure do not mind!! Hope you have a great day! I like the new doo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Morning,
    ...all the time and all the time...
    Glad you all had fun with the hair. Did you know Telly Savalas was once onced voted sexist man alive. All you need now are some lollipops. lol

    Here's your Bible Humor: How long did Samson love Delilah?

    Until she bald him out. ha-ha

    Why we endure:
    Romans 5:3b-5 ...we glory in tribulations also; knowing that tribulations works patience; and patience, experience; and experience, hope: and hope makes not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.

    Praying you have another GREAT day!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Danny, I have just read through your entire blog. I hadn't seen this before. I am so sorry to hear that you are not feeling well but am amazed with the strength and faith in God in both you and your wife. I will be praying for you and your family. Thank you so much for sharing your story with us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for sharing danny! you touch my heart everyday!!! I'm glad you had some fun. may GOD be with you this coming week. you will be in my prayers always!! love to you and your family.,... stephannie

    ReplyDelete