Wednesday, November 4, 2009

THANK YOU!!

This past weekend friends put together a pancake breakfast as a benefit for me and my family. It was very successful. There was a lot of money raised and I saw a lot of people that I have not seen in a long time. Many of you were there and many who could not be there sent gifts and I want to thank you for supporting us. The owner of Andy’s said it was the best turnout he had ever seen for a fundraiser! Thanks to David and Beverly Lewis and John Stanley for thinking of us and putting it all together. There is no way for me to express how thankful we are!!!

This has been a very humbling time for our family. We have been loved and cared for by so many. In addition to the pancake breakfast friends have also organized a day in the park for November 14th. I know many of you have been involved in this and again I am extremely thankful!!

The hospital called yesterday to schedule my first scan. It will be Monday at 7:45 am. Please keep me in prayer. I have been having some pain in my chest and since this is what indicated that I had a problem to begin with I am naturally concerned. It will be another week after the scan before I go to the doctor so I will probably not know anything before then. Even though it is a bit concerning we know that God is in control and will carry us through whatever lies ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment